2018 Art & Active Camps for Kids
AGE RANGE: AOP camps serve a range of ages, typically between 6 – 15 years. Art Camp is for 1st 12th Graders. Summer basketball camp is for youth ages 8 – 18 years. Discounts for holders of Family Membership holders. Camp slots are limited and offered on a pre-payment only basis, first come, first served. Call if you need to hold a spot with a non refundable deposit. Feel free to contact Rachel Isaac at firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-946-2504, T – F with your questions.
Children’s Playwriting Workshops – Jan – May 2018
AOP offers a monthly playwriting workshop for youth at the Historic Turnage Theatre for youth ages 6 – 15 years. Camp slots are limited and offered on a pre-payment only basis, first come, first served. Feel free to contact Rachel Isaac at email@example.com or 252-946-2504, T – F with your questions.
School Break Art Camp: April 2 – 6, 2018 at Historic Turnage Theatre
Summer Camps: June 18 – August 3, 2018 in Washington
The Arts of the Pamlico & the City of Washington’s Parks & Recreation Department are partnering again this year on a combination menu of affordable active & art summer camps for kids! Learn more below…
REGISTRATION: Register for all camps at 252-946-2504 or stop by the Arts of the Pamlico’s Historic Turnage Theatre, 150 W. Main St., Washington NC. Preregistration Form & payment are required at time of registration.Payment by phone. In person registration form drop off required. Sorry, no refunds are able to be granted, however the camp registration fee may be offered to a family in need, thanks.
FEES: Prices are kept as low as possible to increase access to the arts. Family membership holders receive $10 discount on eligible camps. Sorry, no discounts available for registering multiple children. Fees shown below for cash payments. Add $2 processing fee for credit card transaction.
LOCATION: All camps start at the Arts of the Pamlico’s Historic Turnage Theatre in downtown Washington, North Carolina.
- Start – Camps start at 9:00 AM for Morning & Full Day Camps & 1 PM for Afternoon Camps). Drop off may be as early as 8:30 AM. Breakfast available between 8:30 – 9 AM.
- End – Camps end at 12 Noon for Morning Camps & 4:30 PM for Afternoon/Full Day Camps (by 5 PM pickup required)
MEALS: Free, ready to eat Breakfast & Lunch are provided each day for campers, unless noted. Parents may bring ready to eat meals. Dietary restrictions and preferences are not able to be accommodated by the USDA provided Child & Adult Food Program sponsor.
FORMS: Complete one per child. Forms may be emailed to you or completed at the Arts of the Pamlico’s Historic Turnage Theatre.
GENERAL SAFETY RULES FOR PARTICIPATION
- No Cell phones or other electronics allowed.
- Closed toe shoes should be worn at all times for land/inside activities (no flip flops).
Child will NOT be allowed to stay at program without proper shoes.
- Strapped sandals may be worn while kayaking (no flip flops).
- Bring items required for activity.
- Bring Sunscreen, water bottle and hat for outdoor activities.
Week 1: June 18 – 22, 2018
- ECU Basketball Camp (30 spaces) or Skateboarding Camp – Mornings (10 spaces) – $50 (no meals, starts at Turnage Theatre — camp takes place at Bobby Andrews Recreation Center)
- Pottery Camp* – Mornings, $85 non member, $75 family member (10 spaces)
- Puppetry Camp* – Afternoons, $85 non member, $75 family member (10 spaces)
Week 2: June 25 – 29, 2018
- Park Partners* – Full Days – $60 (10 spaces)
- Children’s Theater Camp* – Afternoons,$85 non member, $75 family member (10 spaces)
Week 3: July 2,3,5,6, 2018 (Partial Week -10 spaces)
- Celebration Trail in Little Washington* – 4 Full Days – $60
Week 4: July 9 – 13, 2018
- River Ramble*, Mornings – $60 (10 spaces)
- Broadway Kids 3-Week Camp: Wizard of Oz – $200/$250, 1 – 5 PM (25 spaces), Wk 1
Week 5: July 16 – 20, 2018
- Music Jam* – Mornings – $60 (10 spaces)
Camp #8 continued. Broadway Kids 3-Week Afternoon Camp: Wizard of Oz – Wk 2
Week 6: July 23 – 27, 2018
- Hands On Art*, Mornings – $60 (10 spaces)
Camp #8 continued. Broadway Kids 3-Week Afternoon Camp: Wizard of Oz – Wk 3
Week 7: July 30 – August 3, 2018 (10 spaces)
- Pottery Camp – Mornings – $85 non member, $75 family member
- Movie Camp – Afternoons – $85 non member, $75 family member
*Camp meets at Turnage Theatre, breakfast & lunch provided free by USDA Food Program