Call for Art
As the Vaudeville Theatre roof repair is underway, Arts of the Pamlico has been forced to clear out some of the storage areas and found more items that we are ready to part with, and thought…
“What about a 2nd Annual Sidewalk Sale?” So, we are asking Artists if they want to clear out their closets and studios to make room for new creations and join us for this month-long Sale!
This Sale is an opportunity for Artists, and AOP alike, to sell works that have been stored in closets, cabinets, and studios for months or even years… giving us all an opportunity to make room for new creations, plus make a little money as well!
AOP Member Artists may submit up to 10 pieces:
- Each piece will be marked at the original retail price (set by the artist) at the start of the sale; on Saturday August 10th, AOP will mark ALL the art in the sale down to 50%
- Submissions may include two or three-dimensional original works, prints or giclées of an original piece, notecards by or of artist’s work, books writing by the artist, jewelry or clothing created by the artist, etc… We would also be open to selling Art
There is no fee for AOP Member Artists to participate in this sale.
To become a Member, visit our Membership Page.
Works should be dropped off between August 1 – 3, 2019 to: Arts of the Pamlico
150 W. Main Street Washington, NC 27889
Shipped works must be sent in re-useable packaging with return postage included or credit card information provided to pay for the return shipping of unsold work.
Artwork can be framed or non-framed, it is a sidewalk sale – normal display rules do not apply, except that artwork must not exceed 36” in width and weigh no more than 100 pounds. Works requiring special installation must have advance approval by AOP.
Artwork must be for sale. It will be sold at the 50% price of the original indicated price starting on August 10th. Unsold work must remain in the sale until the show closes. Payment to the artist will be made no later than thirty days after the close of the exhibit/sale.
AOP will retain a 15% commission (versus the normal 30%) on any sales made during this event.
- Submission Dates: August 1 – 3, 2019 during regular business hours
- Full Price Preview Sale Dates: August 8 and 9, 2019
- 50% off Markdown Sale begins on Saturday August 10, 2019
- Sale Ends: September 7, 2019
- Remaining Art Pickup: Sunday September 8, 2019 between 2pm – 5pm or by appointment
The opening night of the full price preview sale will be held on August 7th from 5:30pm – 7pm.