March 23, 2 PM – ECU’s Storybook Theatre’s “Bridge to Terabithia” on stage at the AOP’s Historic Turnage Theatre. The musical delighted patrons and offered the opportunity to students to perform in a different venue and theatre gem. Tickets $5.
March 29, 7 PM & March 30, 2 PM & 7 PM – ECU’s Opera Theater presents “The Coronation of Poppea” led by Daniel Shirley. Tickets are available both at the theatre and online.
May 2, 6 PM – ECU’s Film and Video Production Senior Showcase on the big screen. This free event will offer our community a line up of films by Seniors getting ready to graduate from Film School in collaboration with Faculty members Erick Green and Michael Tierno and ECU Senior lead, Nich Leach.
August 5 – 9 – ECU Opera Theater’s Sing Out Camp for Youth will be held August 5-9 from 1 pm – 4:30 pm each day. AOP’s On Robin’s Wings Art Youth funding is available to help with the cost of the camp which is $200 for AOP Members with a Family Membership or higher or $250 for Non-Members. The camp will introduce children to Opera and Musical Theatre. If you are interested in an amazing youth arts opportunity close to home or you would like more information please contact Rachel Isaac at firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 17 – 19 (times TBA)- ECU School of Theater and Dance presents present Turn of the Screw. The ghost story itself is written from the perspective of the governess to whom the story happened. Hired by a bachelor to take care of his niece and nephew, the governess barely arrives at their country home before she starts seeing ghosts. More details coming this summer.
November 22 & 23 (times TBA) – ECU’s Opera Theater returns to the stage with Hansel and Gretel. Hansel and Gretel are the children of a poor woodcutter. When a famine settles over the land, the woodcutter’s wife (stepmother to Hansel and Gretel) decides to take the children into the woods and leave them there to fend for themselves in a greedy act so she and her husband will not starve to death. Don’t miss it! More details coming this summer.
Plein Air on the Pamlico – June 7 & 8. Hosted by the Harbor District Art Stops. Visit https://www.artsofthepamlico.org/event/plein-air-festival/ for details and registration information.
Hispanic Heritage Festival – September & October 2019. Interested artists please contact Debra.
Hands On Arts Festival for Youth – September 28th, Havens Garden (times TBA). Interested artists please contact Debra.
Blues & Jazz Festival – October 19th music on the waterfront as part of the Washington Noon Rotary’s Smoke on the Water Chili & BBQ Charity event. Interested artists please contact Debra.
Great line-up of movies, Broadway, and more
Big Screen Events
Doors open one hour before the show. Cold & Hot Beverages, NC sweets, traditional theatre treats & wine & beer for sale.
April 13 – 80th Anniversary “The Wizard of Oz” Movie Event. 3 pm Tickets are $5
April 20 – Easter Parade the Movie – 12 Noon & 1 PM – Free sponsored by Century 21 REALTOR, Scott Campbell & Little Shoppes and South Market Antiques
April 28 – Broadway on the Big Screen presents “The King and I” Presented for free with a suggested donation of $5
Performances for all tastes
Beaufort County Traditional Music Association (BCTMA) Jams most Thursday evenings from 6:30 – 8:30 PM and Saturday mornings from 10 AM – Noon at the Historic Turnage Theatre.
Drumming Circle – Once a month on Saturdays at the Historic Turnage Theatre or at an area park. Contact Gary Duncan at email@example.com.
Steve Creech Jazz Band & Open Dance – $5 tickets at the door, April 12, 2019 at the Historic Turnage Theatre in downtown Washington. From 7 – 9 PM. Concessions, NC sweets & traditional theatre treats for sale before, during & after the dance
Wayne Stoekert in the Art Cafe’ – 7:30 PM live acoustic music. Free, donations appreciated.
11th Annual BoCo Music Festival. April 27, All Day. Beaufort County Traditional Music Association from 7 – 9 PM. Begins at 10 AM. Gallery and Stage. Free with donations appreciated.
3rd Annual Blues & Jazz Festival – Coming October 19th on the Washington waterfront as part of Noon Rotary’s Smoke on the Water BBQ & Chili Charity Event. Line up includes Squier Red, Ruth Wyand & Tribe of One. More details soon.
Embers Holiday Concert – December 20, 2019 at 7 PM.
Our affiliated groups include Rock, Traditional, Weaving, Writing, and more
Natural Fibers Group Monthly Meeting – First Monday. Workshops. Contact Pamela Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pamlico Writers Group – 2nd & 4th Tuesday 6:30 – 8:30pm. March 2019 Conference and Workshops. Contact Sherri Hollister at email@example.com.
BCTMA Jam Thursdays 6:30pm & Saturday Morning 10:00am. Contact Linda Boyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
French Conversation every Wednesday 1:30 – 3:00pm.
Seventh Annual Writers’ Conference – Friday, April 5th and Saturday, April 6th>
For more information on AOP Art Partner events, follow this link.
Upcoming dance performaces
- Country Dance (confirm by June 1, 2019)Event Title: Boots & Pearls
Reach: 200 participants at event
Date: September 14, 2019
Location: Outdoor Venue in Washington NC
Description: BBQ dinner, dancing & music by DJ Divine. Tickets $35. Optional $50 table reservation.
– $1,000 – business logo on all press material & tickets, inclusion in ads, 6 tickets, reserved seating for dinner, table top signage
– $1,500 – business logo on all press material & tickets, inclusion in ads, 8 tickets, Reserved Table, table top signage
Open Dance with Jazz Band – Join us for our new monthly open dance in the Turnage Gallery with Steve Creech Jazz Band. 7 – 9 PM. $5 tickets at the door. Upcoming dates include January 18, February 8, March 15 & April 12, 2019 at the Historic Turnage Theatre in downtown Washington. Concessions, NC sweets & traditional theatre treats for sale before, during & after the dance.
View beautiful photos from our 1st Hispanic Heritage Festival >
Performances for all tastes
2019 Theatre on Stage Schedule
‘A Bridge to Terabithia” presented by ECU Storybook Theatre March 23rd 2 PM
“Murder on the Plaza” Murder Mystery Dinner March 23rd 6 pm , presented by AOP & DayDreamer Events
Bubblegum Theatre Auditions for Pirates of the Pamlico Jr. – March 26th & 27th 6:30-8:30 pm
“The Coronation of Poppea” March 29th 7:PM & March 30th 2 PM & 7:PM presented by ECU Opera Theatre
Pirates of the Pamlico, Jr. May 3 & 4th at 7:30 PM Tickets
“Old Timers” “A Place In The Heart Theatre” May 9th 2:30 PM, May 10th 7 PM & May 11th at 2:30 & 7 PM
Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast Jr.” presented by Broadway Kids July 13th 2:30 and 6:30 pm
Disney’s “High School Musical Jr.” presented by Broadway Kids July 27th 2:30 and 6:30 pm
Auditions for “The Marvelous Wonderettes” July 30th and 31st 6:30-8:30 pm
Auditions for The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Bubblegum Theatre (ages 6 – 15 years), August 24 10 AM – Noon
“The Marvelous Wonderettes” performance September 21st 7:30pm & 22nd 3:00 pm
Rehearsals for Bubblegum Theatre “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” start September 23rd from 6:30-8:30 pm
Auditions for AOP Players “A Christmas Carol” October 8th and 9th
“The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” presented by Bubblegum Theatre October 26th 2:00 pm & 7 pm
Auditions for AOP’s Christmas Variety Show November 5th & 6th 6:30-8:30 pm
“A Christmas Carol” presented by the AOP Players November 26th 7 pm
“Christmas Variety Show” December 13th 7:30 pm presented by Arts of the Pamlico
Visit Washington’s Galleries
The Pamlico Writers Group’s mission is to help other aspiring writers accomplish their goal in writing. The group offers membership, local critique group meetings, online critique groups, readings, an annual conference at the Historic Turnage Theatre and a High School Scholarship fund.
Book Sales – AOP features the works of a selected writer for sale in its Gallery each month. Contact Thad Aley to learn more.
Readings – AOP offers poetry and book readings to the public at no charge. Watch the AOP calendar for details. Contact Thad Aley to learn more.
Youth Art Camps & Events
Pop Up Art
Free pop up art projects for kids at Havens Gardens most Saturdays in April & May. 12:30 – 2 PM. Sponsored by Duke Energy Foundation.
Live Theatre on Stage
- May 3 & 4 – Pirates of the Pamlico Jr. (may 3 at 7 PM & May 4 at 2 PM) Tickets
- June 29 – “Beauty & the Beast Jr.” on Stage presented by AOP’s Broadway Kids 2:30 & 7 PM
- July 27 – “High School Musical Jr.” presented by AOP Broadway Kids 2 PM & 6:30 PM
- July 30 & 31 – Auditions for “The Marvelous Wonderettes” July 30 and 31 at 6:30-8:30 pm
- August 24 Auditions for “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” Bubblegum Theatre, 10 AM – Noon
- October 8 & 9 – Auditions for AOP Players “A Christmas Carol”, 6:30 – 8:30 PM
- October 26 – “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” presented by Bubblegum Theatre at 2:00 pm & 7 pm
- November 5 & 6 – Auditions for AOP’s Christmas Variety Show November 5 & 6t at 6:30-8:30 pm
- November 26 – “A Christmas Carol” presented by the AOP Players November 26 at 7 pm
- December 13 – “Christmas Variety Show” at 7:30 pm presented by Arts of the Pamlico & AOP Art Partners
Pop Up Art in the Park
Join Rachel on most Saturdays in April & May in Havens Garden for free art projects! Check calendar for dates. Sponsored by Duke Energy Foundation, the City of Washington and Beaufort County.
Dumming & Dancing Circle
Saturdays at the Historic Turnage Theatre or in parks around town. Check the calendar for details. Contact Gary Duncan at email@example.com.
Boys & Girls Club Outreach
Most Wednesday afternoons during the school year you will find Rachel Isaac creating fun art projects at the Washington Boys & Girls Club.
- January 15, 2019 til full…- Spring & Summer Camp Registration Opens
- June 17 – 21 – Bubblegum Theatre for Youth Camp with Crystal Holman- June 17-21 (1:00-4:00)
- June 17 – 28 and July 8 – 12 Broadway Kids Camp #1: Beauty and the Beast Jr. with Rachel Isaac- June 10-28 (9:00-12:00) with performance on July 13 (2:30 and 6:30 PM)
- June 24 – 28 – Brain Explores Camp with Gary Duncan- June 24-28 (1:00-4:00)
- July 8 – 26 – Broadway Kids Camp #2: High School Musical Jr. with Dylan Ritch- July 8 – 26 (1:00-4:30) with performances on July 27 (2 PM & 6:30 PM)
- July 15 – 19 – BCTMA Music Camp- July 15-19 (9:00-12:00)
- July 22 – 26 – Pottery Camp with Liz Reed- July 22-26 (9:00-11:30)
- July 29 – Aug 2 – Movie Camp for Kids- July 29-August 2 (1:00-4:30)
- August 3 – Dance Camp: Half Day for Kids- August 3 (9:00-3:00)
- August 5 – 9 Sing Out! ECU Musical Theatre/Opera Camp- August 5-9 (1:00-4:30)
Art Exhibit for Beaufort County Students
- March 6 – 31, 2019 – Beaufort County Schools Student Art Exhibit, Opening Reception on March 6 at 5:30 PM. On display from March 7 – 31. Submissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 2 – Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory on Stage 2 PM & 6 PM
- March 16 – WDN Spelling Bee (time TBA)
- April 22-26 – Spring Art Break from 9 AM – 1 PM each day. $50.00 for AOP Family Members per child & $65.00 for non-members per child. Prepayment through registration paperwork required.
- May 3 & 4 – Pirates of the Pamlico Jr. on Stage, May 3 at 7 PM & May 4 at 2 PM
- September 28 – Hands On Arts Festival
- September 28 – Cats & Kittens Theatre during Hands On Arts Festival