The Arts of the Pamlico offers affordable spaces in its Historic Turnage Theatre for art exhibits, performances, private events (weddings, receptions, bridal or baby showers, birthdays and more), private movies, community & group events, business meetings and more.
Rates and dimensions for each space is provided below.
As the regional arts council, AOP provides performance & exhibit spaces at a low rate to support artists earning an income from their art.
Please call 252-946-2504 or email Thad Aley at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to reserve a date.
More Facility Info
Features and Dimensions of Spaces
Gallery?meeting Space Dimensions
- Art Cafe’ – 40′ x 11′ plus area for rolling carts and large refrigerator
- Lane Gallery – 66′ x 11 1/2′ (must keep 4′ opening from end to end)
- Turnage Gallery – 50′ x 23′
- Proscenium Opening – 27′ 3″
- Stage Depth (from Proscenium Lip (PL) – 18′
- Stage Depth (from Proscenium Face (PF) – 20′
- Apron Depth (height of stage) – 28″
- Orchestra Pit Non removable Cover Ground Level – 27′ wide x 8′ deep (4′ ft in front of pit must be open for exit)
Backstage (Creation Station) Features
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 large Dressing Rooms with Showers
- Open Art Workshop Space for 20 – 25
- Utility Sink
- Pottery Space
- Print Studio
- Sewing Shoppe
- Green Room with Couch and 2 Chairs
- Round, rectangular, cafe and high top tables
- Banquet, folding, plastic, vintage and high top chairs
- LCD projector with rolling cart and screen
- PA System
- Karaoke Machine
- 2 rolling bars
- Food Warmer, microwave, ice machine, refrigerator in kitchen
- Large coolers on wheels
- Hanging art system
- Accent rugs including two red carpets
- Latticework (freestanding)
- Piano (three Baby Grand pianos including one vintage upright Baby Grand)
- Popcorn Machine
- Smart TV
- Rolling carts
- Tablecloths (white, black in cloth round & rectangular and 6′ rectangular spandex (black and red) and red and white checkered cloths for 6′ tables only)
- Dance floor
Our art cafe’ can host small receptions for 25 -35 seated persons at our cafe tables with high padded & wooden chairs or 30 – 35 standing participants. The cafe space comes with a separate entrance, bathroom and bar.
Art Exhibit Spaces
Artists interested in exhibiting their work are asked to contact AOP for additional details and options including the art cafe, art-way main entrance, Lane Gallery, & Turnage Gallery.
AOP’s serving kitchen with open countertops, coolers, dishwasher, regular sized refrigerator, sink, food warmer and ice maker.
Creation Station Backstage
Creation Station in the backstage area of the theatre offers artists a community work space with workshop areas, utility sink, bathroom, a Pottery Studio, Print Shoppe, Sewing Shoppe and two large dressing rooms with full bathrooms, work counters and exceptional lighting.
Our 1200 square foot Gallery provides a flex space for large art exhibits, meetings, performances, receptions, before wedding parties, dinners, reunions, corporate meeting and networking groups.
The Turnage Theatre, with a seating capacity of 432, is available for everything from a group movie to a music performance or stage production, ceremonies, recitals, weddings, services and more.
Take virtual 360º tours of the theatre. Click here.